Name:
Location: Tobaccoville, North Carolina

Monday, January 17, 2005

Possible LIS Course project

I've journaled for a long time, the old-fashioned way with paper & ink. Recently I started typing my ideas and saving them on a disk. But this is my first time journalling on-line. I like it so far.

I've been thinking about a project I might take on for this course. I like the idea of making this project relevant to what we are doing in our lives. One idea I am playing with deals with a new course I'll be teaching in the fall. This course is called Advanced Functions & Modeling (AFM) and it will be the first time it is taught at the Academy.

AFM is going to replace a trig course we presently have as well incorporate some statistics & probability, and algebra review. I have the general outline of topics from the NC Department of Instruction, but have not layed out exactly what topics I want covered in the course. I would like to design some aspect of AFM for my course project. I'm not sure if I want to focus on a broad design of AFM (what topics to be covered, length spent of each topic, order of topics, course grading, procedures, etc.) or if I want to focus and do detail design on a particular unit of AFM (algebra review, trigonometry, statistics or probability).

This is just an idea I'm playing with, but I definately open to suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home