Name:
Location: Tobaccoville, North Carolina

Monday, January 31, 2005

Coffee Percolator

I’m really enjoying the format of the course. At first I wasn’t sure how much interaction I would have with other classmates, but discussion has been great. I’m slow writing in my blog this week. I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s comments on Blackboard. In many ways I feel like a coffee percolator. (I love coffee!) The good kind of percolator where the coffee sits in the tray up top and the water slowly flows through as a rich, delicious aroma fills the room. The blackboard discussion is the water flowing through my brain. All of these thoughts about how everything affects a course design are running through my head. The infrastructure, students, classroom setup, material, textbook, etc. all matter when planning a course. So many elements that can all be used to create a rich and powerful learning environment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Pressley said...

Hi Kris, I love the coffee percolator metaphor-- and I know what you mean. There's so much going on in this class... so many new ideas and ways of communicating. It's easy to get caught up in one aspect, but then I have to take a step back and see the whole picture. I've enjoyed your Blackboard discussion comments on Salem Academy. I've always been in a co-educational environment, though my communications and gender studies classes were nearly 100% female. It's good to hear your perspective!

February 1, 2005 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Bob King said...

Kris, can't wait to see how your project develops. I have a feeling when the coffee is brewed it will be unique and interesting...

February 3, 2005 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home